Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random thoughts on random thoughts

There are times when I just feel too lazy to write anything focused. In those times of mental lethargy, well, I usually just don't write at all. But tonight I'm just going to go about my business and when I think of something I want to stupidly rant intelligently comment on, I'm going to grab that thought by the jewels and write the hell out of it.

And... go.

1) Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered William Wallace. Good luck writing your way out of that one. Especially if you're English and a complete douche.


He will carve your ass to shreds before you even think about reaching for your Bic.

Random thoughts 2-6 after the break.





2) Often times my thought process is absolutely ridiculous. For instance, I was just thinking that if I had a never-ending supply of money, I would buy many, many expensive and awesome guitars. So, to fuel this delusional fantasy,  I was looking at many expensive and awesome PRS guitars, one of which was blue. So, in a completely logical and normal transition, I started thinking about just how damn cool it would be to possess the ability to control water. Not like in a undersea-dweller, Aquaman style though. I don't care about breathing underwater as long as I can manipulate big water spouts and such. Bitchin', right? This thought led to how much I enjoyed swimming back in the day which led to thoughts of delicious, delicious Air Heads which led to the Tyler Pool which led to the diving board and how I perfected the front backflip (which is actually a confusing name for the trick, but it was sweet regardless).

Also, what's your favorite flavor of Air Heads?

If your answer was white mystery, then you are correct. If it wasn't, well, it should be.

3) So I just started watching an episode of "Life Unexpected" and the main character is named Lux. That is awesome. Maybe I'll name my first child Lux. But then people are going to be all "You named your kid after a WB show?" and I'll spit back "At least I didn't name her Savannah!"

...

That's a "Seventh Heaven" joke. I won't be offended if you don't get it.

4) Speaking of "Seventh Heaven," this clip is mind-blowingly hilarious. As a primer, Matt took a joint from a friend and brought it into the Camden household. Unfortunately for Matt, Eric Camden does not take that shit. But, and here's the real kick in the ass, Eric finds out that Annie had smoked pot before and he cannot. fucking. believe. it. If poor old Eric only knew that the massive bomb of Annie smoking pot years and years ago was tame compared to the other life-shattering issues he would have to deal with (which turned out to be every single horrible thing that could ever possibly happen to a human being), he probably would've rolled with it a little more. But come on, "Seventh Heaven" practically made a huge damn deal out of Simon committing vehicular homicide. 

Ok, so I guess that one is a little serious.

5) Every single Lifehouse song should be renamed "I'm barely holding on because we've got just one last chance for love and I'm scared but I'm going to tell you anyway."

6) If you buy your child this hat then congratulations. You're raising a lil' thug.